Wednesday 26 February 2014

CALLING ALL LUNARTICS


Marissa Meyer Signing

     The other day I attended the Marissa Meyer Cress signing. Oh yes your assumptions are correct I got to meet the author and she signed my book, those were a given but still... AHHH FANGIRLING! WHO MET AN AUTHOR? YEAH THATS RIGHT I DID! I am calm now... well maybe not fully but, calm enough to not write in caps lock; which is more fun then it is given credit. Anyway the four hours of waiting were worth it! A little while before Marissa came on stage to speak they were having sort of a giveaway. In each activity the winner received a ten dollar gift card. For the last contest the Indigo employe requested three volunteers but of course did not mention what you would be volunteering for. My hand shoots straight up, ten dollar gift card? I'm in! The employe selects two people, one position left and he points to me. I jump up and walk right to the stage where of course they declare that we will be having a... DANCE OFF! WOOT WOOT! I am personally not afraid of embarrassing myself so this was right up my ally. Even though I was the youngest up there I just danced like an awkward fangirl! Just picture it a trio of introverts... dancing...on stage...in front of over hundred people. So after dancing in a group we went on to individual spot light performances. I did classic moves like robot, voguing and some weird arm artistic moves, when I showed people the video they were howling with laughter. In the end they judged by applause and I WON! VICTORY! Now I have a ten dollar gift card to use! 

     By now it was 7:00pm, time for the author event to start! Click here to watch Marissa's presentation. 

In the Q and A (not in the video) She mentioned these things:

1. Cinder's movie rights have been sold and there is a screenplay written. They are now looking for a directer. (Good news Lunartics there may be a movie!)

2. Her favourite character to write is Iko because her dialogue is fun.

3. Heartless will tell the story of the Queen of Hearts and how she became to be the Queen of Hearts and how she got a thing for beheading. (Interesting right?)

4. All her fanfiction that she wrote as a teen can still be found online. (I may need to go and read those)



After that was the anticipated book signing!

She also signed my copy of Scarlett (my copy of cinder is already signed)!



I even got to select a Lunar book thing! Which she signed as well!



I got to take pictures with her and I got to give her my Cress fanart!

TADA!


What book should I get with my ten dollar gift card?


-Ariel G, The Reading Rebel


No comments:

Post a Comment