Sunday 23 March 2014

MOVIE REVIEW- Divergent


  Grade: A

REVIEW

     I LOVED THIS MOVIE! JUST FEELS! Okay I had really low expectations for this adaption because of the trailers and casting but now after seeing it this movie is probably my second favourite movie adaptation. Following Catching Fire of course! Where to begin, I just loved mostly everything. They did change somethings but I didn't mind the changes when watching this.  I was only upset about Uriah and his crew not being in the movie and the fighting. I wish Tris got to beat up Molly although she did when getting the flag it just was not the same. When watching this movie I was convinced that everyone was their character. Though I did not like how they toned down Tris' feisty side in the knife throwing scene and in general. Her personality was more like the DEAL WITH IT type. The music was AMAZING it didn't feel random like in the City of Bones movie and just I loved this movie. I was constantly scared the whole time even though I knew what was going to happen. My favourite parts were the zip line scene, the Tris getting on the Dauntless train for the first time, and all the fear landscapes. I loved how in the movie we learned that there was a Dauntless way of passing the fear landscapes. Also when Tris was like "why does everyone think I am not going to shoot them?" that was hilarious. OH I GASPED WHEN I SAW THE CAMEO OF VERONICA ROTH! I am probably rambling on and on about how much I loved the movie but it is true! The only reason I didn't give it an A+ is because how the changed the ending a bit, some of the arrangement and because they took out some funny lines that where in the book. I don't know about the next one and how they are changing the directed, sadly, but my expectations are a little bit higher.

 JUST GO SEE THIS MOVIE EVEN IF YOU HAVE DOUBTS,  JUST GO.

-ArielG, The Reading Rebel

No comments:

Post a Comment